I’m a winker.
There’s nothing better than a good wink. A good wink from a guy on a first date who reaches for the same nacho chip as you. A good wink from a friend who walks down the aisle as a bridesmaid at your wedding. A good wink from your sister at Thanksgiving dinner after your father tells the same story for the twelfth time.
Winks have multiple meanings. And yet, the second you get winked at, you know exactly what the other person is trying to say. Perhaps…
1. I think you’re adorable and after we all make small talk with this group, I’m going to find you by the shrimp cocktail and engage you alone in conversation
2. We both know Shelby looks horrible in that dress, but if she loves it, we’ll keep our lips zipped.
3. We’re not going to the vegan restaurant in town, but let’s keep scaring Dad into believing we are.
4. I see you on the stage, dancing your pants off, and you should know that I fully support every wiggle.
5. I won’t charge you extra for real maple syrup since I think you’re cute, and I’ll let it slide.
A wink is better than a handshake, a hug, or even a kiss on the cheek. It’s incredibly intimate, but not at all physical. A wink happens in the second that nobody else is watching, which makes it all the more special. It’s the best of the best.
Winkin’ at cha…